Municipalities of Newark and Harrison work together to create service to Red Bull Arena
SECAUCUS, NJ-- Red Bull New York announced today the creation of free special "Newark Trolley" service to all New York Red Bulls matches beginning on March 20, 2010, with the Grand Opening event against Santos FC of Brazil. The Newark Trolley service is a joint effort between the municipalities of Newark and Harrison, as well as the Greater Newark Visitors & Convention Bureau and Grey Line/Coach USA. There will be three (3) different trolley routes that will operate each match and service will run two (2) hours before each scheduled match and for one (1) hour after each match.
"As the home of two major league sports teams - the NJ Devils and soon the NJ Nets - we are thrilled to welcome a third to the greater Newark region in the Red Bulls and its fans and supporters," said Newark Mayor Cory A. Booker. "Thanks to this partnership with the team and our neighboring Town of Harrison, we are gaining international recognition as a world-class sports and entertainment destination and welcome all soccer fans to explore the wonderful cultural institutions and diverse restaurants of Newark before and after they cheer the Red Bulls on to victory."
"Our partnership with the Newark Trolley will provide a free and convenient way to get to Red Bull Arena," said Town of Harrison Mayor Raymond McDonough. "This will help ease traffic congestion and provide our fans alternative routes to the Arena. We are also encouraging people to come to Newark and Harrison early on match day to experience the wonderful restaurants."
"We are pleased that we can offer our fans easy transportation to and from Red Bull Arena for our matches," said Red Bull New York Managing Director Erik Stover. "Mayor McDonough and Mayor Booker were both instrumental in making this unique partnership come together and all of our fans will benefit."
The three Newark Trolley routes will operate as follows:
· Route One will operated through Newark's Ironbound and have 10 stops that will begin and end at Red Bull Arena.
· Route Two will be an express route from Newark's Penn Station directly to Red Bull Arena.
· Route Three will originate at Newark's Broad Street Station, located 25 University Avenue, and travel into Harrison via Harrison Avenue and down Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard to Red Bull Arena.
The complete routes are listed below.
Fans can see the three Red Bull Arena routes with each of the pick up locations at www.newarktrolley.com.
The Red Bulls will play their final exhibition match prior to the regular season, when they host legendary Brazilian club, Santos FC, on March 20 at 6:00 PM (TV: MSG) at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, NJ. New York kicks off its 2010 MLS Regular Season at Red Bull Arena on March 27, when it hosts the Chicago Fire at 7:00 PM ET (TV: ESPN, ESPN Deportes). Full Season Ticket Plans for Red Bulls' first season at Red Bull Arena are on sale now. Midfield seats in the 100-Level and sideline sections 107, 112, 124 and 128 are all sold out, but good seats are still available. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 1.877.RBSOCCER or log onto www.newyorkredbulls.com.
Red - Ironbound Route
- Depart from Stop Red Bull Arena: Cape May Street @ 6th Street.
- Stop I5: Corner of Market Street and Polk Street.
- Stop I6: Corner of Market Street and Fillmore Street.
- Stop I7: Corner of Ferry Street and St. Charles Street.
- Stop I8: Corner of Ferry Street and Chambers Street.
- Stop I9: Corner of Ferry Street and Merchant Street.
- Stop I10: Corner of Ferry Street and Jackson Street.
- Stop I11: Corner of Ferry Street and Madison Street.
- Stop I12: Corner of Ferry Street and Prospect Street.
- Stop I4: Corner of Market Street and Madison Street.
- Return to Stop Red Bull Arena via Jackson Street Bridge.
Yellow - Newark Penn Station Express Route
- Stop Penn Station: Ferry Street between NJ Railroad Ave and Edison Pl (at Peter Francisco Park).
- Arrive at Stop Red Bull Arena via Jackson Street Bridge.
- Return to Stop Penn Station via Jackson Street Bridge.
Blue - Broad Street Station/Harrison Route
- Stop Broad Street Station: Lackawanna Ave. between Broad Street & University Ave.
- Stop H1: Bridge Street @ McCarter Highway (at Rio/Seabra's Rodizio)
Stop H2: Harrison Ave. @ Dey Street (at Spanish Pavilion).
Stop H3: Fran E. Rodgers Blvd. @ Jersey Street (across from "The Courts" soccer field).
Arrive at Stop Red Bull Arena, Cape May Street @ 6th Street.
Stop H4: Fran E. Rodgers Blvd. @ Jersey Street (at "The Courts" soccer field).
Stop H5: Harrison Ave. @ Dey Street (across from Spanish Pavilion).
Stop H6: Bridge Street @ McCarter Highway (across from Rio/Seabra's Rodizio)
Return to Broad Street Station.